
This story starts 43 years ago. My mother Nancy Heath met my Father Alfred Thompson at the Van Wert county fair if I remember correctly. My father use to rodeo and train horses. After they were married they had gotten allot of horses as well as some race horses. The local sheriff and his group of local crooks or mob as some would call them wanted my fathers race horse. My dad and mom hated the sheriff and his gang of crooks and would have never sold the horse to them. My father had trained some other horses for these men and was said to have been afraid of what they might do. Some where in here my mother got pregnant with me. To this day I do not know if my father knew she was pregnant or not. But fearing these men my mother told me they had planed on moving to Oklahoma and packed up to do so. Having hooked the horse trailer up to the car and loaded all the lugage they went to bed. sometime in the night my mother awoke to find my father missing blood on the car and nothing of his gone everything still packed up. The horse on the other hand was gone. My mother went to the sherriffs house and there it was along with all of his cohorts. He had no bill of sale and told my mother to leave or she would disappear next. My mother never told me if my father knew she was pregnant but she belived the only reason he left was out of fear of theses men. My family had always told me how great gene was and they all liked him. My grandmother said he was a great guy and would have never left if it wasnt to protect us. I would love to meet him and his family I have always thought i missed out on not knowing him. I still think of him as my father that i do not know and he has 4 grandchildren now if you know Alfred Thompson tell him I am looking for him I do know he has some spider tattoos on his hands or spider webs and some names but mother could not rember what they were and she has since passed away and i can no longer ask her questions as has most of my family who rembers gene.
No comments:
Post a Comment