Thursday, September 4, 2008

visit with son at Ft benning


This is my son Colt in Georgia at Ft Benning. We had a great time and now he is in AIT for 22 weeks. Alot have changed since i was in the army during Desert Storm. I can remember driving on post and now you have about three check points to get in and everyone acts like your going to blow the place up. I guess there doing there job but it kinda made me feel uneasy. I still liked being in the Army although i worry about my son now and i asked him before he went if he understood the risk and he said he did. I really loved being at Ft.Benning it was a real nice place I was at Ft. Hood and i loved it I think Benning was nicer tho. I remember my mother worrying about me so much when i was in the Army and if there are any parents out there worrying now i do understand. If you ever want to talk about your children or any advice for basic or army life i would be glad to help anyone new to the Army scene. Although i think the support the Army offers now is alot better than what it was when i was in. I told my Colt that his sister would miss him and he did not believe me i think he found out just how much he was missed he realy does not like his sis to kiss him and she did this all day and he never complained once. Was one of the best days of my life so far.

No comments: